All notices from JAMAICA LIVE to You may be posted on our Web site and will be deemed delivered within thirty (30) days after posting. Notices from You to JAMAICA LIVE shall be made either by regular mail, sent to the address we provide on our Web site, or first class mail to our address at:
Delivery shall be deemed to have been made by You to JAMAICA LIVE five (5) days after the date sent.
All content appearing on this Web site is the property of JAMAICA LIVE.
Copyright © 2018 JAMAICA LIVE. All rights reserved. As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute documents on this Web site so long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice: Copyright © 2018 JAMAICA LIVE. All rights reserved.
All brand, product, service, and process names appearing on this Web site are trademarks of their respective holders. Reference to or use of a product, service, or process does not imply recommendation, approval, affiliation, or sponsorship of that product, service, or process by JAMAICA LIVE. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of JAMAICA LIVE or any third party, except as expressly granted herein.
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. JAMAICA LIVE and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if JAMAICA LIVE believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of JAMAICA LIVE and its subsidiaries.
JAMAICA LIVE NEWS COMPETITIONS & GIVEAWAYS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated: January 2020
- The main promoter is: JAMAICA LIVE MEDIA (company no 5,398,424), whose registered address is 421 Eigth Avenue, 7007, New York, NY 10116 (International) and Bridge Port, Saint Catherine (Local). This promoter reserves the right partner with a secondary promoter based on the nature of the competition.
- The competition is open to residents of Jamaica and within the Diaspora aged 18 years and over, except employees of JAMAICA LIVE MEDIA and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter any competition or giveaway featured on Jamaica Live Media platforms or website.
- By entering, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are posted via all online platforms operated by Jamaica Live Media and their partners/collaborators. These platforms include Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person for any giveaway. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entries will be determined by the competition/giveaway being entered into. After the end date no further entries to the competition will be permitted or considered.
- Jamaica Live Media accepts no responsibility for entries not received before the end date for whatever reason.
- Jamaica Live Media reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition/ giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of our control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Jamaica Live Media.
- Jamaica Live Media is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize(s) is as stated for each giveaway/competition, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners may be chosen:
- at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Jamaica Live Media and/or its agents.
- As a result of a popular vote conducted via social media sites, as measured, recorded and verified by Jamaica Live and/or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by phone call, email and/or Direct Messaging on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and/or letter within 7days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
- Jamaica Live will arrange with the winner when and where the prize can be collected/ delivered.
- Jamaica Live’s and their partners’ decision, in respect of all matters to do with the competition, will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Jamaican law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Jamaica.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Jamaican data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- In the event the winner does not wish to have their name and image used upon acceptance of the prize, the reward must be returned and another replacement winner will be selected.
- Entry into Jamaica Live competitions and giveaways will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- These promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Jamaica Live Media and not to any other party.
- Jamaica Live shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this web page.
Thank you for using Jamaica Live! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information that is shared with us helps us to provide an efficient shopping experience at Jamaica Live.
- Account Information. When you sign up or shop with Jamaica Live, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and phone number.
- Customer Service:
- We send purchase confirmation and shipping information. We also send sales and merchandise updates to our customers. Information such as first name, last name and email address are used to by the customer service department for this purpose.
- Payment Information. To shop at Jamaica Live we require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments. Jamaica Live collects information related to your payment transactions through the PayPal Platform, including payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing zip code, PayPal email address, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary to perform your purchase. This information is secured through PayPal payment systems which is one of the well known secure payment platforms
10. CONTACT US
JAMAICA LIVE ships merchandise to all locations within the United States and U.S. territories, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands. Additionally, JAMAICA LIVE ships merchandise to Canada and Mexico and all other international locations. The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this Web site pass to you when the merchandise is delivered to the shipping carrier.
Customs and import duties may be applied to International orders when the shipment reaches its destination. Such charges are the responsibility of the recipient of your order and vary from country to country. Contact your local customs office for details.
Shipping laws are different in each country. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to verify whether the country to which you are shipping permits the shipment of your products. JAMAICA LIVE is not responsible for any direct, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages that arise from improper international shipping practices.
JAMAICA LIVE charges sales tax for merchandise ordered on this Web site based on the applicable state sales tax rate and the location to which the order is being shipped.
The Content included in this Web site has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice as are any products, programs, offerings, or technical information described in this Web site. JAMAICA LIVE makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, quality, or adequacy of the Web site or Content, or the suitability, functionality, or operation of this Web site or it’s Content. By using this Web site, you assume the risk that the Content on this Web site may be inaccurate, incomplete, offensive, or may not meet your needs and requirements.
JAMAICA LIVE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THESE WEB PAGES AND CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL JAMAICA LIVE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
-- OR Depending on State --
The information and content on this server is provided "as is" with no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Any warranty that is provided in connection with any of the products and services described on this Web site is provided by the advertiser or manufacturer only, and not by JAMAICA LIVE.
The references and descriptions of products or services within the Web site materials are provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. JAMAICA LIVE is not liable for any damages, including any consequential damages, of any kind that may result to the user from the use of the materials on this Web site or of any of the products or services described hereon.
The descriptions of, and references to, products, services and companies on this Web site are the sole responsibility of the companies providing the information ("advertisers"), and not JAMAICA LIVE.
The inclusion of material on this server does not imply any endorsement by JAMAICA LIVE, which makes no warranty of any kind with respect to the subject matter of the server materials advertised.
A possibility exists that the server materials could include inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that unauthorized additions, deletions, and alterations could be made by third parties to the server materials. Although JAMAICA LIVE tries to ensure the integrity and the accurateness of the server materials, it makes no guarantees about their correctness or accuracy. Before relying on any representation made in any of the server materials, check with the advertiser of the product or service to ensure that the information you are relying upon is correct.
Did we make a mistake? If there was an error packaging your order, we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you receive the correct item. We won't settle for anything less than 100% customer satisfaction.
Do you need to send the shirt or item back to us for a refund or exchange? It's easy! Please contact us through via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call us at 929-273-3257. You can message us through Facebook at @Jamaicalivenews and we will be happy to assist you in getting the wrong order back to us.
Our policy lasts 21 days. If 21 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused (unworn and unwashed) and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment. Note that refunds can take up to 7-10 business days to appear on your bank account due to varying processing times between financial organizations.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Sale eligible for return within our 21 day policy but are subject to a $5 restocking fee, which will be deducted from your refund.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Jamaica Live, 421 Eight Ave, BOX 7007, New York, NY 10116
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will found out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Jamaica Live, 421 Eight Ave, BOX 7007, New York, NY 10116
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $50, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
You may purchase merchandise from this Web site by using any one of the payment options listed in (link to Payment Options). JAMAICA LIVE reserves the right to change its payment procedures at any time without prior notice to you.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: Although the information on this Web site is accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed in this Web site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. JAMAICA LIVE and the advertisers each reserve the right to limit the provision of their products or services to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction they so desire and to limit the quantities of any products or services that they provide. Any offer for any product or service made in the materials on this Web site is void where prohibited.
GOVERNING LAW: In the event of litigation both parties agree that the Law of the State of business registration of JAMAICA LIVE shall apply and both parties shall consent to the jurisdiction of said State's courts, or in the event of diversity of citizenship, the United States District Court for the (District). Both parties expressly waive a trial by jury.
MISCELLANEOUS: The Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and JAMAICA LIVE with respect to this Web site. The Terms and Conditions supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written between you and JAMAICA LIVE with respect to this Web site. No modification of the Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless it is authorized by JAMAICA LIVE. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found to be contrary to law, then such provision(s) shall be constructed in a manner to closely reflect, as much as possible, the intentions of the parties, with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect.